David suffered a dreadful childhood at the hands of his alcoholic mother and aged physically abusive stepfather. He went off the rails at 16 getting into trouble with the police and was expelled from school. He joined the Fire Service at 20. Aged 27, he bought on a book on memory to help him pass his exams and has since gone on to develop one of the most powerful memories in history.
If managing challenge, overcoming adversity, dealing with change and showing resilience are key successful traits in your conference delegates, then David Thomas is the motivational speaker for you.
David inspires with his story of how he overcame a seriously abusive childhood to become a hugely successful adult. This is the theme of his Times #1 bestselling book. Delegates walk away motivated to manage their challenges better and use fewer excuses.
He shares the techniques he has honed and developed to become one of the best practitioners
in history in his chosen field of excellence, memory, a global speaker and international media personality. Delegates are empowered with strategies that allow them to be be more successful as leaders and influencers.
World class memory guy
- World memory record holder for memorising and reciting 100 packs of playing cards
- International Grandmaster of Memory
- 2007 US Memory Champion
- Guinness record breaker for reciting Pi to 22,500 digits
- US memory record breaker memorising 160 digits in 5 mins
No.1 bestselling author and media personality
- Written three books with readership of more than 1 million
- Second book went No.1 in The Times bestseller list
- 500+ media appearances in 149 countries
- 19 years in 21 countries
- 40 states in the USA